JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerlily

Google Privacy Act?

Hi Kim, New kid on the block here. I stumbled onto your radio show a few mornings back and heard you talking about the importance of deleting my search history with Google before March 1st, and that's all I was able to catch and have a bit of anxiousness wanting to know more AND HOW TO before 3-1-12. Unfortunately I've only picked up tid bits on the matter through Fox News and other such news media but not the FULL picture of why this is important other than something to do with their "new" privacy act? That said, can I trouble you for some specific/detailed guidance on this, and preferably before 3-1-12 if possible?? A genuine thanks either way!! Tigerlily

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily
Hi Kim, New kid on the block here. I stumbled onto your radio show a few mornings back and heard you talking about the importance of deleting my search history with Google before March 1st, and that's all I was able to catch and have a bit of anxiousness wanting to know more AND HOW TO before 3-1-12. Unfortunately I've only picked up tid bits on the matter through Fox News and other such news media but not the FULL picture of why this is important other than something to do with their "new" privacy act? That said, can I trouble you for some specific/detailed guidance on this, and preferably before 3-1-12 if possible?? A genuine thanks either way!! Tigerlily
First, it is not an 'act.' Google is changing their privacy policy, which ties together all of their services into one umbrella policy, so that they can tie what they know about you from any service while 'serving you' with personalized advertising. There was a newsletter about this act and how to delete your search history on February 27th Daily tip.

WELCOME TO KIM'S MESSAGE BOARD, Tigerlily Along with what cwsnyder2 gave, you can also go to the top of this site and where it says, Search this site, enter Google search history and click >Go and you will see all the items she has done. Here's the one I believe cwsnyder2 was referring to, but shows a date of 2/24/2012, but I'm sure it came through on 2/27. http://www.komando.com/toolbox.aspx?mode=print&id=12082

Another note is that this only affects you if/when you are actually logged into a google account. That would be gmail, picassa, google docs, etc. If you are not logged in you will still get targeting advertising.