JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
CavalierRon

Multiple Screens

I am looking for a cost effective way to run at least 4 extra screens off a windows 8.0 laptop.  I presume I need at least a USB 3.0 hub and appropriate cables.  Suggestions as to high quality products and best sources to accomplish this.  Also any alternate strategy suggestions.  Thanks, in advance.

It appears that everything posted during the past 12-18 months got deleted. :-((

[blue]BM[/size=3][/blue]

[green]The Silver Haired Tech[/size=3][/green]

[red]Computers are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open Windows.[/size=3][/red]

It appears that everything posted during the past 12-18 months got deleted. :-((

[blue]BM[/size=3][/blue]

[green]The Silver Haired Tech[/size=3][/green]

[red]Computers are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open Windows.[/size=3][/red]

Wow, I'm glad I saw this. I'm brand new to the forums here (12 hours ago) and I thought was doing something wrong with the filters when I was reading a thread and there was no post later than 2012.

Thanks for the interest. I would like to be able to view at least one open window per screen. i.e. word processing on one, spreadsheet on another, web search on a third, etc.

Thanks, again.

To display different content on multiple monitors you'll need a video card that supports multiple displays, perhaps something like the card below that outputs to 4 different displays:

http://www.visiontek.com/products/productivity-cards/vhdci.html

Or, perhaps install a second video card that has 2 video outputs (assuming your current video card supports 2 outputs).

Sign in to follow this  

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-