JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
Seadog

Time of Posting

Are you saying that you have changed your time zone form the default GMT to GMT-6?

[center][b][blue][size=3]KnowsSomeSquat[/size=3][/blue][/b][/center]
[center][b][red]Four Star Tech[/red][/b][/center]
[center][b][green]Promoted by Komando Club Members[/green][/b][/center]

I see that I finally have the toolbars available for custom formatting, but my hot key signatute is not working yet, I guess I'll have to tink with it [u]again[/u]!

Quote, in part by KSS: Are you saying that you have changed your time zone form the default GMT to GMT-6?

Yes Sir KSS, As I mentioned I did not particularly care for seeing "Tomorrow" on my Postings when it was still Today.

BTW(By The Way), In the Military we do/did say/wrote time differently, that is, for example, CST (Sierra) would be Local +6 to get GMT. And we used letter designations, i.e, 0 or Zulu, Eastward is A to M (180th Meridian or International Date line), Westward it is N to Y, since there is only 25 time zones the letter J was omitted, therefore there is no JIG Time. :)/>

You probably already knew all that but some of the members may find it interested.

Seadog

I'm trying to be patient about this forum mess Seadog as you suggested. I check back from time to time, but so far changes have been slow and relatively minor. On a positive note, the sun is shining in west Tennessee, the birds woke me up about 5:30 singing so loud. 67 degrees, and it sure feels good! :)

[quote name='MrKite' timestamp='1392837077' post='1232716']
I'm trying to be patient about this forum mess Seadog as you suggested. I check back from time to time, but so far changes have been slow and relatively minor. On a positive note, the sun is shining in west Tennessee, the birds woke me up about 5:30 singing so loud. 67 degrees, and it sure feels good! :)/>
[/quote]

MrKite, I can see what you mean by losing your patience with the progress in fixing the "Bugs" in the new Forum.
Who knows if they're actually working on it. You would think that some one, even Kim, would give us a daily report on what they are doing. I've seen only two people replying to a problem some one had, Kelly and Vanessa. (See Email Topic.)

Ref: Weather. Today 'Has' been a very good day. In Middle Tennessee it is almost 70°. The Blue Birds are checking out their houses o see if I have cleaned them yet. It would be a good fishing day except the Tennessee river would be cold because of the snow last week in the Smokies and Northern GA,and Northern AL where their streams run in to the Tennessee.

BTW, Did you change the time of posting also? I see where you posted the above at 1:11 PM.

Seadog

[quote name='MrKite' timestamp='1392858515' post='1232721']
I've got mine set to Central time. It is 7:08 right now.
[/quote]

The time of your post listed is 6:08 PM

I am going to click "Post" this reply at exactly 1333 (1:33 PM to see what happens.

Edited at 1335, It worked.

Seadog

Yesterday evening it showed the correct posting time of 7:08. This morning I looked, and it had changed to 6:08. Now I'm looking at it, and it is back to 7:08.

???????????????????? It I now 1:57 pm.

You must be signed in for the time to be correct. I find that even though is says I'm signed in I'm really not. I still have to go to the Home page to sign in. It is a pain that should be corrected. I really do not want to erase all my temp files and cookies every day to correct this.

@Seadog, I was glad when I got out of the military, on one point at least. Normally weather observations were kept in 24 hour Zulu time (GMT for non-military) when communicated through teletype, but some of the paperwork was kept in LST (Local Standard Time), and we reported for duty and logged in and out on LDT (Local Daylight Time) during the Daylight Savings Time periods. At least the LST and LDT were both kept in 24 hour modes as well. Since we were part of a 24 hour/day, 365+ days/year rotating schedule, having to keep track of all three times could be a hassle.

Sign in to follow this  

-advertisement-