JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey39

Google Chrome chewing up memory

I have come to like Google Chrome as my browser of choice. However, I am getting Windows popups that say I am getting low on memory. When I checked Task Manager, I found 6-7 processes identified as Chrome, when I only had three windows open with Chrome. Is this a known bug? Is there a support forum for Chrome itself? Thanks.

id="Arial">id="size3">id="navy">

~Aubreyid="Comic Sans MS">id="size4">id="purple">

How much actual memory do you have. What operating system. Modern web pages and browsers take a large amount of memory. That is normal.

Respectfully Submitted

Xhiid="Script MT Bold">id="maroon">

id="size5">

The Computer Whisperer

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

id="size2">

What are the numbers you are seeing in Task Manager? I'm running Firefox with 5 tabs open, FF is using about 245 MB and Flash Player about 64 MB. What does the CPU Usage and Physical Memory show? Is there anything else running in Task Manager that is eating up a lot of memory?

Do you have a lot of add-ons or extentions? Each window will take an entry as well as each add-on/extention.

Respectfully Submitted

Xhiid="Script MT Bold">id="maroon">

id="size5">

The Computer Whisperer

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

id="size2">

Well, I have an RSS feed reader, currently with 8 entries, plus I have Web of Trust (WOT). Should I disable the RSS reader?

I also found something called, "Rapport service". Don't know what to do about this one.

id="size3">id="navy">

Thanks, MrKite. I had tried to use Windows uninstall, but it didn't work. I had forgotten about Revo Uninstaller. I ran it, and it uninstalled Rapport Service. Took some time to uninstall, but things have speeded up now. I will see how things look again tomorrow. Thanks for all the help.id="size3">id="navy">