JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
viejita

at&t member id (primary email address) change

at&t says my primary email address cannot be changed. i have a dsl modem from at&t and cisco lynksys e3000. Last year i was able to reset my wireless network and thereby change my primary e-mail address. I wing it! Now i'd like to do it safely and know exactly what i'm doing. Can you help with instructions on how to do it and if i can do without the at&t modem and only use the cisco modem.

I do not understand what your email address has to do with your modem and wireless network. There may be a code that your provider requires to sign the modem into their network, but the local area network (LAN), the wireless part, should be controlled by a pass phrase set up by you. Could you explain further exactly what you are trying to do? Your personal primary email address can also be any thing you like from any where you like. For example I have one in my modem that I do not even know, which connects me to Century Link. But, I have several other email accounts that they do not know or care about.
Respectfully Submitted
Xhi

The Computer Whisperer
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

When I had AT&T DSL--Thank heavens it's gone--I did have to sign in with my AT&T Yahoo account any time I accessed modem settings. I always lost connectivity at least once a month and had to spend nearly a whole day getting back on line. I never use my provider provided account for anything except a "dump" account. They have a habit of seriously vanishing when you change providers. However as I disclaimer I must state that both the AT&T and Juno former providers did not eliminate the emails when they were dropped as providers. For me it is much better to use an account from Yahoo or Gmail as it does not have to be tied to your ISP.

thanks for the prompt reply. I have windows vista and at&t dsl. the way i have the wireless network setup is line comes in thru at&t's motorola modem, then cisco lynksys e300 attached to it. Can do away with the at&t modem and configure the cisco modem to run by itself. if so, how.

Did you mean Lynksys e300 or e3000? I could find no info on e300. Lynksys e3000 is a router and the AT&T Motorola item you mentioned is a modem. The modem is necessary to provide the internet connection to the router, which then distributes the signal to various internet connected gadgets--one of which is your computer. The Lynksys e3000 cannot be used without the AT&T modem. When I had an AT&T Modem--Motorola--the breakdown in service was very frequent. After a large number of calls to AT&T they did finally replace the Motorola modem with a Westell Modem which did improve the service. That's the headache I mentioned in my earlier answer. Many Calls--much frustration. I was also assured that if I switched to AT&T Uverse all my problems would be over. I didn't try Uverse, because I still receive what television I watch from an old-fashioned antenna. For me, TV still stands for Totally Vacant. Good luck with your problem. Diablo

The type of TV you're referring to is exactly your description. HOWEVER, there ARE excellent channels out their that will actually stimulate your brain. They can be foumd on The Learning Channel, The History Channel, Nat Geo, and The Science Channel, just to name a few. I only watch OTA for the local news, and even then, I AVOID THE FOX CHANNEL!! After all, the internet does a very good job of brainwashing, why add Fox to the mix.!
BM
The Silver Haired Tech
Pro is the opposite of con. Washington, D.C. proves this to be right because progress is the opposite of Congress.

Bill, I didn't intend to imply that all TV is dreck--although it does apply to a great deal of what's broadcast in the DFW area. I suppose that after a fashion I do have pay TV--both Netflix and Hulu Plus. I've just never subscribed to cable. There are good programs out there. I spend far too much time at the computer, and I do check out--and read--quite a few books for the Kindle from my local library. (Even most of this reading is done on my monitor rather than on the Kindle itself.) I just don't have a lot of time to watch TV, and when I do I like to pick out an old show or two from Netflix or Hulu. If my memory serves me correctly you do have DSL. My brother on the other side of Ft. Worth has AT&T DSL and it serves him well--Much better since I replaced his Motorola Modem with the Westell I had left over after ditching AT&T. However in my neighborhood it was awful--finally unusable between 5:00PM until after midnight just before I pulled the plug on it. And I did spend at least a day a month with tech support. I did become really bored with weekly visits and mailings touting UVerse. If I'm not receiving what I'm paying for already I'm usually not looking for an upsell from the same company Now I've got to get out in the heat and mow the yard. Diablo

Viejita, Sorry we could not provide the answer I feel you were looking for but I'm glad it at least helped. We are sort of a fun bunch here. Diablo