JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
mokc

Best hdtv Indoor basement omni/directional antenna

I am tyring to get the most HDTV/Radio channels available in the zipcode 73034 of Oklahoma. I have a Insignia hdtv NS-32E57OA11, and I live in a downstairs apartment, and have 2 Tv's. I'd like to know what's the best hdtv/uhf/vhf omni/amplified directional antenna for my situation? I've read about The Leaf Plus or MoHu Leaf Ultimate HDTV Antenna not being fully directional. I was wanting to avoid having to move antenna all around to get best reception/most channels. I also read a lot about winegard, Terk, radoishack RCA, and Tvfool.com antenna info...I'm still ????

Plus I was wanting to know about getting tv/radio from other sources like my Toshiba A 305-S6905. I hear a lot about so called QUICK & EASY to use USB Tv/Radio Gizmos http://www.homeantenna.org/internet-tv.html May I please get help/info on how to get/&set up the best of both of these ?? I am looking for real time Tv too not clips or Netflxs movies, youtube and old real time episodes etc. I'm not trying to be cheap, I make 9.25 hr. and love media thank you have a good day!!

First, in a basement apartment, you aren't going to get good TV reception, period. You would be able to get, at most, in-town, under 15 miles to the antenna reception. Anyone who tells you differently is talking about cable or an outside antenna at roof level or higher.

Second, the link to the USB device? I see no reference to any antenna, so it sounds like a scam, directing you to sources on the Internet, either free or paid.

Third, one antenna and two televisions is going to degrade any signal which you DO receive.

If your landlord allows you to hook into a roof antenna, you might get real-time reception of your local stations. Otherwise, your real choices are cable or satellite dish.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but your expectations are unrealistic.

Quote CWSnyder 2"

"Third, one antenna and two televisions is going to degrade any signal which you DO receive.

If your landlord allows you to hook into a roof antenna, you might get real-time reception of your local stations. Otherwise, your real choices are cable or satellite dish."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

One antenna and two TVs. Reception require a Splitter. Improvement is possible with a Booster.

If your apartment already has Cable and/or Satellite that appears to be your next best bet. If your Landlord won't let you put an Antenna on the roof, chances are he/she wouldn't let you install a Satellite Dish either.

I have Dish Network and IMHO, as stated in another Topic, it's not worth the cost. Of the 200+ channels available, other than the news channels, there's not more than 10 that's worth watching.

When I mentioned this to my wife,aka Seadog's Mate (don't tell her that)She argued with me 'til I told her to write down the channels, other than the local channels, that she watched. She wouldn't do it.

she didn't want to prove I am correct in saying that Satellite TV is not worth the cost, in our case that is.

Seadog

Guy in The Basement Update: I was told the wrong info about my apartment. I'm not there yet but I saw it, and it's a down stairs unit. It has a bedroom window that faces south, and living room window that faces north. Does anyone know if anybody has had luck with the Winegard, Terk, Radoishack RCA, and the Leaf Plus Ultimate in a downstairs aprtment?? If so which one??