JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
Seadog

Universal Remote Control

Is there such a thing as a "Universal" remote control? That is one that will control All makes/models of TVs, CD player/recorder, Tuner/receiver, Blu-ray players, Satellite/Cable, etc. Maybe I should say recently made gadgets, last few years that is.

Some makers claim to have one that will control over 10?(I believe I seen one that said 15) different gadgets. I can't think of 15 things I would need to control by one remote control unit. Actually, I all need one to control is a TV, Dish Network, Yamaha Home Ent. System and a Blu-Ray Player, and perhaps a JVC VHS/CD Combination player/recorder, So a 6 or 7 unit Controller would be idea.

Seadog

You and I are traveling the same path Seadog.

I got this one after I set up my surround sound system. You can program it to turn on whatever devices you need according to what you want to do. For example, if I want to watch a BluRay movie, I just punch Watch BluRay (or whatever you name the program), and it turns on the BluRay player, the TV, and the surround sound. It has a touch screen.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/harmony-one-advanced-universal-remote?osid=14&bit=64

There are several reviews on it, just Google Harmony One Remoteid="green">. It comes with a USB cable to connect to your computer and update the software directly from Logitech. I've had it a couple of years and haven't had any problems. The drawback is that it's kind of pricey, so shop around. There may be some others that do the same for less, but this is the only one I'm familiar with.