JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
BillMsenior

Itunes problem

When I originally got my iPhone, I set up iTunes. During the setup, it DID NOT ask me to enter a password, but now, when I want to do a restore, it's requiring one. Apple told me without the password, can't restore without wiping the entire phone and starting from scratch. They said wipe iTunes from my PC, then install the latest version. I will lose the backups, but can create a new one without passwording it, or if I do password it, at least I'll know it. WRONG!! I installed iTunes anew, and when I attach the iPhone, "THIS IPHONE CANNOT BE USED BECAUSE THE REQUIRED SOFTWARE IS NOT INSTALLED. RUN THE ITUNES INSTALLER TO REMOVE ITUNES, THEN INSTALL THE 64-BIT VERSION OF ITUNES". I did this 3 times, and get this same message each time, and YES, I am using the 64-bit installer downloaded DIRECT FROM APPLE. Biggest reason I need this to work is I have over 100 contacts, and to start anew, besides going through the jailbreak experience, AGAIN, would be a nightmare. Any ideas as to WHY I'm getting this message? And HOW can I fix it?
BM
The Silver Haired Tech
We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.

I don't have an iPhone so I probably won't be much help. Look in your programs and see if Apple Mobile Device Support, MobileMe, and Apple Application Support are listed. All should be there when you installed iTunes, and I believe all are necessary if you have an iPhone to sync.

Since I did a Macrium backup prior to fooling with this problem, after getting NO help from Apple (or anyone else on the search engines), I just restored and am back to the original password problem. I'm trying to install iTunes on my Ubuntu laptop, using WINE, but not having much success there, either.
BM
The Silver Haired Tech
We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.

Well, iTunes on Ubuntu via WINE is a no-go. Back to square one. I can't believe there's no crack available for the iPhone backups should something go wrong (like you forget your password, or other reasons). I suspect that Straight talk did NOT totally wipe this iPhone before handing it over to me. One reason I suspect that is the former owners name is still showing up on iTunes as the phone's name, and I can't change it. Which makes me believe that's the reason I was not prompted to enter a password when I installed iTunes.
BM
The Silver Haired Tech