JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
Ginny9255

Future of Blu-Ray?

I'm sure that no video format is permanent. A different method of providing high-definition content will come along in the next 5 years or so to replace Blu-Ray. For now, though, streaming media (through an internet connection) can't come close to Blu-Ray video quality. Sure, Blu-Ray will fall by the wayside in maybe 5 years or so, but so what? The players are fairly cheap now (well under $100). If you want the highest quality video (full 1080p) then Blu-Ray is the only way to get it.

I agree with wxman57. Players are so cheap now, you really don't have to invest a lot of money other than the cost of buying or renting the movies. I prefer to buy. The picture quality can't be matched.

Technology is constantly changing and evolving. The industry felt certain that 3-D would be the next big thing, but it fell flat on its face - they are practically giving away the 3-D stuff now. You can get a 55-inch high def 3-D television for as little as a thousand bucks.