JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
RobinHood505

Out of Control Cursor - Apparently Non-Viral

I really hope that someone can help me with this since Kim's Club seems to be my last resort for a potential resolution of this issue and this was the reason I joined Kim's Club.

Anytime I am using the keyboard on my computer (a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop) the cursor intermittently and randomly jumps to different places in the document. This happens regardless of the application -- a word processor, an online form, multiple e-mail programs, etc. After any keystroke the cursor may go to the middle of the previous paragraph or anywhere at all in the document on which I am working. The cursor may also jump ahead into an area of the document where nothing has yet been keyed. It (the cursor moving within the document) happened twice while I was typing the previous sentence. I have scanned repeatedly for viruses with no joy. On a couple of occasions it has erased text when it moved. Just yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional hoping for some help there. Unfortunately, the problem is the same as before the OS upgrade. I use Norton Internet Security as my online security software and, again, multiple scans have found nothing.

Please, PLEASE, can someone help me with this problem. It is making me absolutely crazy.

Any chance someone is remotely connected to your laptop? Does it act up when you aren't connected to the internet?

Have you tried disabling the touchpad?

Have you uninstalled the mouse/keyboard drivers, rebooted, and let Windows reinstall them?

Does your laptop have a touchpad that is activated? I was noticing the same thing with my new Dell laptop. I use a mouse, so I set the touchpad to be deactivated if a mouse is plugged in. My hand was brushing the touchpad as I typed.

Thanks to all of you who responded. There is not a hardware feature on my HP laptop to disable the touchpad. After a thorough search through the control panel and the BIOS setup / configuration options I could not find a means to disable the touchpad on this particular machine. HOWEVER, the route your suggestions and comments sent me on finally led me to download an upgrade to the driver for the touchpad. That seems to have helped a LOT although I still encounter the problem occassionally but nothing close to what it was before. Thanks again!