JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
wannabgeek

LifeLock?

So originally, Kim talked to people at LifeLock & decided not to promote them as they didn't seem to be all they claimed to be(or perhaps couldn't do all they claimed they could) Then she decided to promote another company, name escapes me at the moment. What happened to them? Then, she promotes DIY free things. So now, she is in fact promoting LifeLock all without any explanation(as far as I can tell)for all the changes of opinion; huh? Yeah, I realize I'm going to get flamed here.

Not by me you won't. It costs $10 a year for EACH credit bureau (3) for an annual total of $30 if you DIY. Last time I checked, Lifelock is $120 a year. Add to that Lifelock got in trouble with the Feds, and I won't risk using them, even if I was willing to pay the extra $90 a year over DIY. Every one has an opinion on the subject, but that doesn't mean I have to agree. MY OPINION: Go DIY.
BM
The Silver Haired Tech
Computers are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open Windows.

Each state is a little different, but what Bill said is basically correct. To find the details for your state just Google "credit freeze (your state)". You freeze your credit with each of the three credit agencies, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. According to each state you may be able to do it online or by mail. Once frozen no one can open a credit line in your name or access your information. If you need to open one of them for a one-time check, for instance to buy a home, car, or even take out a contract with a cellphone wireless carrier, you simply contact the credit agency they want to check, and open it up. Again, according to each state, there might be a small fee to do this. It is still cheaper and more secure than paying $120 a year to LifeLock to have them "guard" your credit.