JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
geneva

Chrome won't open, won't uninstall

About a week ago Chrome stopped working. It is the browser I use the most so I had it pinned to the taskbar along with Firefox.

Decided to reinstall it but it won't uninstall. I tried REVO Uninstaller but it stopped and said close all instances of Chrome. There were none running so went to task manager where I discovered about six instances of chrome.exe running. None of them could be removed or stopped. Tried removing it with add/remove and CCleaner, no dice.

So now, even though Chrome is still on my computer, I can neither open it nor remove it. Google is consistent though, it has consistently ignored my pleas for help for over a week now.

Is this familiar to anyone, does anyone know how to get this piece of lead out of my computer? [:(] Thank you.

Another suggestion would be to attempt to remove it in Safe Mode.

Boot to Safe Mode When you boot up before it starts Windows and after the initial BIOS checks, hit the F8 key several times. The start of Windows is usually accompanied by a single Beep. If normal Windows comes up try, try again. A Black screen with choices should come up, choose Safe Mode.id="size1">

Respectfully Submitted

Xhiid="Script MT Bold">id="maroon">

id="size5">

The Computer Whisperer

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

id="size2">

Thank you for your response. This morning Chrome opened. It is the first time in about two weeks and I have done nothing different so of course I won't be able to replicate it....Google owns the universe and all I have is a hammer. [:o)]

quote:Originally posted by xhi

Another suggestion would be to attempt to remove it in Safe Mode.

Boot to Safe Mode When you boot up before it starts Windows and after the initial BIOS checks, hit the F8 key several times. The start of Windows is usually accompanied by a single Beep. If normal Windows comes up try, try again. A Black screen with choices should come up, choose Safe Mode.id="size1">

Respectfully Submitted

Xhiid="Script MT Bold">id="maroon">

id="size5">

The Computer Whisperer

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

id="size2">

id="quote">
id="quote">