JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
tnt92fox

smart TV server location

I recently had an issue where for a few hours, my Sony smart tv would not connect to Netflix or Amazon Instant Video; that made me wonder if maybe the problem was at Sony, since I was able to connect to Amazon via my Roku box on a different tv.

How does a smart tv connect to a source (my router is connected via a network cable to the tv) on the internet? Is it through a server at the tv manufacturer or is it a direct connection from the tv to the internet?

You have already stated that your 'smart' TV is not connected directly to the Internet.  Instead, you are connected through your router.  Even if you have a cellular connection, you don't connect directly to the Internet.  You connect through a router, possibly a modem, then your ISP which connects you to the World Wide Web.

Your problem is more probably a setting in your TV, your router, or your account at the provider.  I doubt that the TV connects to or through Sony at all.

Sign in to follow this  

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-