JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
babyboomer

Who has the best US based teck support

I just received my new HP 15 inch laptop. I have some questions for support. I bought it at Qvc who said the support is US based. I thought email support was part of the deal but unfortunately it's not, it only has call in support.

On the Qvc facebook site, someone said even though they say it's US based, it may not be .....  so  I googled this.  

HP has very bad reviews where the reps are rude, refuse to elevate calls, hang up on you, promise to give you an extended warranty even though  they don't offer then and it's not allowed by HP!!  And they are definitely NOT US based from these reviews. Some reviewer paid $1200 for his laptop and was going to trash it. Some report getting back their laptop, after mail in service, and the  original problem still exists. His warranty didn't mean a thing apparently.

My question is this: is there any computer company, at all, that actually does NOT outsource their teck service and is based in the US?  I was thinking maybe Apple but I googled that too and they only came in third...

What is your experience? Would appreciate all comments, thank you!

Babyboomer 

Sorry you didn't ask this question before buying. I would have told you stay away from HP. My customers claim DELL has good warranty service, and they are based in Texas. My experience with Dell has not been that great, but it IS better than HP's. For excellent quality, I recommend ACER and TOSHIBA, but I have never had to use their warranties, the machines crapped out AFTER the warranty period, which is why I don't like Dells quality. I learned 15 years ago never to buy anything from HP.

I've always had good service from Dell (since 1995).  To get U.S. support you have to pay extra, though.  Otherwise you'll be talking to someone in India that may be hard to understand.

Dell is ok, I always had a Dell but after many frustrations with them, getting disconnected, waiting on hold, I went to computer school and I never had to call support again. But I have some questions now and I do need to talk to someone. I never had an option of paying more for US support. It was always the support that you were given. How does this work? Is  this only with Dell?

I know if the entry level support cannot help you they elevate you and eventually if it's elevated enough you get US support. But it takes days sometimes to get to this level of US support.

Thanks for replying!

-advertisement-