JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
monkeybaby

Virus Security Software for Mac?

I am relatively new to the Mac world after years of being married to the PC/Windows environment.  I am learning but it has been a slow curve.  I am old and things don't sink in as fast as they used to.   :)  Can anyone recommend virus protection software for a Mac?  I have searched Kim's site for recommendations and don't really find anything.  There are plenty teaser type articles but after I start reading them I find it is for the PC or really does not recommend anything for a Mac.  The Apple store says it is not needed.  Kim says it IS needed (yet I can't find what she recommends). 

I have found this whole virus software debate very frustrating.  I even find it harder to find things on Kim's site.  I feel almost like she has taken the way of Dr. Oz and sold out.....too many advertisements, too many "teasers" and not near the quality of information I was accustomed to in the earlier years or even 2-3 years ago.  I will probably cancel my premium membership as I just do not get any value from it anymore.   :(

I hope someone can help me!  Thanks in advance.

The French/Belgian company:

Intego.com

makes security software for the Mac, which is ease to use -- their Premium X8 suite-of-products is ideal, which includes VirusBarrier X8, and NetBarrier X8, as well as a NetUpdate product to keep everything current (including the anti-malware definitions) .

They have been making security products for the Mac, since the 1990's .

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-