JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
imagramma

Keyboard stopped working but mouse works fine

My computer is a Dell Studio XPS 7100 Desktop. Win 7. My wireless keyboard stopped working while typing. I have tried unplugging the wireless connection, rebooting, and updated the driver. Also tried a different USB keyboard that works on my Chromebook, but that doesn't work either. Can this be a virus?

Sharon

Have you tried changing the battery on the keyboard?

Do you have one USB receiver for both keyboard and mouse?  If so, have you tried un-plugging the receiver before plugging in the wired USB keyboard?  

You do know that sometimes you have to turn off the computer and turn it back on to get it to recognize a new input device, ie. keyboard or mouse?

Yes I did change the batteries, twice just to be sure. Turned everything off and rebooted several times. I did not unplug the wireless keyboard though. As per your suggestion, unplugged the wireless keyboard left the wireless mouse connected, plugged in the wired keyboard started it up and it worked.

-advertisement-