JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
conny55

HDMI ports on tv

When I could no longer get a signal from my blueray player to my TV, I tried all 4 HDMI ports on the TV and still nothing.

I moved the player to a different TV and verified that the player and HDMI cable are fine.

A technician said that all 4 HDMI ports are bad. 

I know that all 4 ports going bad is possible, but could there be another reason for the ports to quit working?

Watching regular TV channels is not a problem.

Thanks for any help on this.

When I mentioned that regular TV watching is not a problem, I should have specified that the TV signal is coming in on the component connections. Not over the air.

The TV signal comes in through a box which is then connected to component.

I am assuming you don't have a DVI or mini-HDMI input, or they are included in the non-working 4 HDMI inputs along with 1 or 2 regular HDMI inputs, since these would be a simple hardware adapter away from use as an HDMI input.

BTW, I assume that you have tried the VHF/UHF F-connector for broadcast TV input.

Have you tried another HDMI cable to confirm that it is not a mis-alignment caused by connector wear?  (Yes, this can happen on all HDMI inputs at once, and yet work on another device.) Does your Blu-Ray player not have a component output, or do you simply want to have the capability to connect multiple devices? Of course, I also have assumed that you have verified by remote control use that the proper device input has been selected.  I have also had portable televisions whose hardware power switch finally fail to operate.  I finally have to revert to a remote control just to get the power to turn on.

Sign in to follow this  

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-