JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
CarusoKids

Video editing - Mac or PC?

I've listen to your show on radio for a long time, but never get to listen so joined club. I need to have approximately 22 hours of tape converted to digital. I found a company I think will do a great job. Reviews are good and the BBB.org gives them an A+. I want them to transfer to an external hard drive as an AVI or MOV file and then I edit from there (I'm not sure what order the tapes are in so I would like flexibility to edit).

I currently have two PC's (which I am unhappy because Microsoft wants to jamb Windows 10 down my throat) which I built, but I have no video editing experience.

My question, "which computer is better for editing video Mac or PC"? I will need to upgrade my PC's or purchase a new Mac and the software for either. I need something a novice can use to get satisfying results.

If your PC has 2G RAM and sufficient hard drive or SSD space to have 2 or more copies of your video files uncompressed with at least 20% of the disk space left open, you can probably edit your video with the free Microsoft MovieMaker software. This software is available for all Windows versions from Windows XP through Windows 10, but does not include the capability to write DVDs or author the graphical menus found on commercial DVDs.  Of course more RAM and more drive space means you can edit larger movies more quickly, with less time spent waiting.

On a Mac, look at the (included in OS X, I believe) iMovie application.  I have read several recommendations of the software, but I haven't used it myself.

Both applications have been used by beginners to get relatively good results.

Sign in to follow this  

-advertisement-