JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
tototoov

Komando Tablet wont hold charge

My Komando tablet will not hold a charge when powered off for more than 1 day.Battery goes completely dead & must be plugged in to charger to even start the next day.Something is draining my battery when powered off.I am not overcharging & using a battery app to charge.Travel Tek has not heard of  this problem & can't help because its a couple of years old.Can anyone help me?

Hi,

This is Amber here in customer service at Kim's Shop.

Over time, it is normal for the Li-ion battery in your mobile device (tablet, phone, etc) to discharge quicker and become less efficient. The following article explains this process in more detail and gives some tips for prolonging the battery life for your device. 

Hi jar63,

To summarize: All lithium-ion batteries are ultimately limited to a certain number of charge/discharge cycles. There are a number of things that can affect this, including environmental conditions and the usage habits of the device user.

Here are some best practices:
  • Don't leave the device plugged in and charging all the time.
  • The majority of the time, you want to allow a shallow discharge (to around 40-80%) and then recharge them. 
  • Fully discharge the battery at least once a month. 
  • Do not charge or operate the battery in extreme temperatures, particular extreme heat. 
    Along these lines, do not charge the tablet while it is enclosed in the case, as the battery will get warmer when being charged and needs to displace heat. 

As far as conserving power when the tablet is in use:

• Lower the screen brightness.
  • Turn off unnecessary services when not in use (WiFi, Location services, Bluetooth, etc. Using "airplane mode" allows you to disable these all at once).
  • Watch out for battery draining apps that run constantly in the background. 
  • Close apps and programs when not in use. 
  • Keep in mind that video and audio intensive content (movies, music, games, and videos) will use more resources and drain the battery faster. 

I hope that helps!

Hi Nate,

I am going to reach out to you from our support system so we can get more information regarding the issue you are having with your tablet If the battery is not charging after being plugged in all night, a repair or replacement may be needed. 

Also having the same problem.  Tab won't charge much, usually only reading 22-25% after all night charge.  Battery does not blink or cascade a bar to show charging at any time.  Red light comes on when plugged in. Volt meter reading shows 5.45 volts at the plug before it's plugged into the Tab2.  Best practices for battery use are followed on a number of lithium-ion powered devices that operate in my home. We are a retired couple mainly checking e-mail & news.  No children. This should not happen to a tablet that isn't abused.

Dear George48,

I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. If your tablet is still under warranty, please reach out to customer service at support@komando.com so that we may assist you. 

-advertisement-