JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
JANDJTOGETHER__

Kim's site and pop up ads

Is anyone else upset that Kim's site is now trying pop up ads. They are coming up daily for me. I think it is a security issue forcing pop up ads on her site with no way to block them. If you don't care for these pop up ads let Kim know and maybe they will stop testing these ads.

I was away for awhile, but when I came back her site was all new.  Now I feel Like I'm at a carnival when I log in.  It is not just her site, I think over the last two years or so everything is going in the wrong direction.  I have been around since 3.1 and spent most of 2015 shaking my head and battling to keep control of my computer.  My pri is production and I continue to adapt and overcome.  Nothing to do? "Chop wood and carry water"

I am just very concerned about my computers security. I tried to block the pop ups by not only turning on Chrome's pop up blocker but I also put in Chrome, block Komando.com and the pop ups still come through. I don't think it is fair that we can't stop these pop ups!

Personally, I do not experience such popups on the komando.com website, but that may be because I have the AdBlock extension in my Chrome browser. I tested this out by browsing several pages on the website and clicking the AdBlock icon next to my Chrome address bar on each page. On the home page, it reported 11 blocked ads. On this forum page, it reports 2 blocked ads. So, I can only assume that my theory is correct and the AdBlock extension effectively blocks all the popups you are experiencing. So, if you still wish to continue visiting the website, install AdBlock using the link provided below.

Another option is to use an RSS aggregator/reader to receive the content from komando.com without having to open our browser and visit the site at all. The address to the RSS Feed is provided below. Simply subscribe to that feed with an online feed reader like Digg Reader, or an RSS app on your computer or mobile phone/tablet. This way, the content is sent to you, rather than you having to go and seek it out. Of course, clicking through to the full story may still suspect you to popups on the actual article's page, but at least now you're going directly to the content you actually want and don't have to browser several pages with popups in order to find it. The downside is that Kim may lose out on hits reported in her website's analytics, which are used to inform advertisers of their potential reach when advertising with komando.com. The higher the daily hits, the more an advertiser is willing to pay to advertise on that space. However, the website cannot serve you popups when you are not actually visiting the site. Of course if you 

AdBlock Chrome Extension: http://bit.ly/2au9zFE

Komando.com RSS Feed: https://www.komando.com/feed

Okay. Well, since it seems to report a rather low total of blocked ads for me, and i don't see ANY popups at all when I browse around the website, I can only assume that something else is most likely the cause of those popups you are experiencing. I would suggest running anti-virus and anti-malware tools on your system just to make sure. You can also contact Kim's support team to see if they've received any reports from other visitors, or if they are aware of the popups as being triggered from advertisers they've partnered with. My hunch is they will tell you that they are not coming from their advertisers as Kim and her team are usually pretty good at staying away from nefarious things like that. After all, they are tech savvy and are well aware of the inconvenience such marketing tactics pose, not to mention security threats. There have been instances of inline and popup marketing campaigns delivering malware to a site's visitors; usually without the knowledge of that site's owners. But again, I doubt something like that would get past Kim and her staff. So, if they tell you they are unaware of those popups, or the content they contain, you can bet that you have some kind of an infection or browser helper object (BHO) on your system that is causing them.

Komando.com's Website Feedback Form: http://www.komando.com/contact-us#webfeedback

No that is the thing I have contacted Kim's co-workers and they are the one who told me it was Kim's advertising team that is trying out these ads. That is why I am upset I feel it is a security issue. I have been a Kim's club member for many years now and this just seems to go against everything she stands for. I should be able to go into Google Chrome and look at Kim's articles without ads being forced on me.

-advertisement-