JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
imagramma

How to see your subscribed to videos on Youtube

You need to visit the YouTube website and sign in there with a Google account. Then, when you click the Subscribe button from one of Kim's videos, her YouTube channel is now followed by your's (you have a YouTube channel of your own that is tied to your Google/YouTube account). After that, whenever you visit YouTube, you will see a list in the left panel of the browser window with the title Subscriptions and The Kim Komando Show will be listed there. Clicking on that quickly presents you with her latest videos.

When you hit the subscribe button, you are subscribing to the YouTube channel where that video is posted, not the video itself. If you wish to save a specific video for viewing later, begin playing it on YouTube and click the + Add To link below the video. The, select Create new playlist from the options and give it a name like My Favorite Komando Vids or something similar. From that moment on, that particular playlist will be available as an option of its own, so you can continue adding more and more videos to that playlist. Later, you can play that playlist in its entirety, or switch from one video to another within the playlist. Or, you can create multiple playlists for different types of vides; like tech news articles vs product reviews or tips. You can also share your playlists with others. But the key is to stay logged into YouTube with your Google account, or else the Subscribe and Add To buttons won't apply to your specific account.

By subscribing to a YouTube channel, you are able to quickly locate and play the latest videos posted by that channel's owner. You can even choose to receive notifications from YouTube automatically informing you of new videos (unless the channel's owner specifically chooses for a particular video post not to send out such a notification).

I hope that was clear enough.

Thanks Paul, but I cannot login to Youtube. I have a Google account that I am signed into, then their instructions say to go to Youtube, click on "sign in". When I do this a new screen comes up that has a bunch of old tv screens on it. The address bar says "Oops Something went wrong".

You may need to enable cookies in your Chrome browser, clear your web history, and check for any problematic Chrome extensions by disabling them, then turning them back on one by one to see if the problem returns.

If you're unfamiliar with how to do all that, let me know. I can either get you to let me remote into your computer and do it for you, or at least record a short video tutorial and post a link to it here.

Paul, I cleared out cookies, history and most of everything on the list and it still did not work. I decided to set up a new Google account then went to Youtube. A message came up asking me to allow Youtube to enable cookies (or something like that) which I said yes too. That worked! On this new account I can see my subscribed to videos! Yea, so happy! What I would like to know is where did that message asking specifically to enable Youtube cookies come from?

YouTube itself presents that prompt. Apparently, it keeps its own YouTube specific cookies on your machine aside from the ones stored by your web browser. Unfortunately, I've never found where in your YouTube account settings you can enable/disable those specific cookies. So, creating a new account and answering that prompt the way you did was probably the only way to resolve that particular issue.

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-