JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Ginny9255

Android security issue?

On the advice of Kim, I installed and ran a program called QuadRooter for my Verizon LG. I am infected. I ran Zone Alarm and it said the only thing to do is to update my OS. Well, a few days ago, LG had an update. Apparently, this problem is not on their radar. I have the latest OS. What am I supposed to do now? Thanks

If all your contacts, appointments and media files are backed up or synched with your Google account, try a factory reset. Then, sign in to your Google account and wait for everything to resync and/or restore your backed up items. Finally, reapply all updates available.

The result is a full, clean reinstall with all current updates applied. Any existing infection will be gone. But, make it it really is infected first. Some of those apps merely tell you if you're vulnerable to a particular infection, not necessarily that you are already infected. If not, no need to go through all that trouble. Many of the vulnerabilities reported are exaggerations, still requiring that someone gain access to your device and/or account credentials or lock screen password, or even a "man-in-the-middle" attack. The likelihood of actually getting infected is pretty low, unless your usage habbits allows that to happen somehow.

Eventually, known vulnerabilities do get patched, but updates can be severely delayed on devices obtained from cellular carriers because it has to be worked into the modifications to the OS made by the carrier (e.g., Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, etc.

-advertisement-