JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
M19e72

Kaspersky vs Carbonite vs Dashlane

I already have Carbonite and Dashlane set up on my computer.  By the way, Dashlane is absolutely wonderful on my iPhone, as well.  Now that I have purchased Kaspersky, and Kaspersky has options to back up files as well as a password manager, do I still need to have Carbonite and Dashlane?   Thank you in advance for any advice!

I would say to keep them all for now and see which ones you like better for password management and backups. Carbonite cost money while I believe Dashline is free, so if Kaspersky fills those needs at no additionsl cost (or a lower cost), then you may wish to make the switch. However, I would want to make sure they are reliable features and fit my particular use case. For example, does Kaspersky's password manager work with your mobile phone? How difficult is it to migrate all your Dashline passwords and other items into Kaspersky? Does Kaspersky also support non-password items like Dashline does? Does Kaspersky provide assistance with data recovery the way Carbonite does (by shipping you your backup on discs if necessary). Does their backup service include all types of drives and data? Is there a monthly cost associated with having cloud backup storage?

These are all important questions for you to consider, and only you can determine whether it's worth it to keep all three, or replace two of them with Kaspersky. Some might say the more backups you have, the better. Usually, that's true; but having more than one cloud backup solution will significantly increase your bandwidth usage and may slow down system performance when they perform uploads simultaneously.

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-