JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
PocketProtector

Firewall Active During Startup?

I leave my modem and router on 24x7, but I power my PC up every morning.  I am using the McAfee firewall and my question is am I protected during startup?  I.E., if my PC connects to the Internet before my firewall starts protecting me, can my PC be attacked...should I wait until I see the McAfee icon in my system tray before connecting to the Internet?

You shouldn't worry. Software firewalls are designed to start as early as possible. Plus, your router acts as a hardware firewall as well, so you do have a certain level of protection for your entire network before you power any device on. If anything, you may want to look up your router's model number online along with the phrase "properly configure" to get information on how to access its configuration screens and make sure UPnP is disable and certain specific ports are blocked. You should also enable WPA2 encryption if you use WiFi.

With that said, I personally don't use any software firewall solution because Windows already includes a software firewall. So, all you have to do is make sure it's enabled and you can then manually block any specific ports/applications as you wish.

-advertisement-