JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
bbgreene

HP Printer printing photos mostly in green

My HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer has been printing the photos I want in mostly shades of green and white.  Ink levels are ok. Print quality diagnostic page seems ok.  Cleaned printheads and no change.  Any ideas of what might be wrong?

How long have you had this printer? If it is relatively new, I would recommend taking advantage of the warranty and returning it for a replacement unit. There are many posts in other user forums referring to a slew of color printing problems with that particular printer. The responses simply recommend stepping through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the cause. However, the most common cause of printers printing the wrong colors is a faulty print head, allow the colors to mix while printing to paper. Unfortunately, the HP Officejet Pro 6830 does not have replaceable printheads, so you'd be looking at replacing the entire printer if that is the cause.

You can contact HP support and request if they can service the printer, but if it's not covered under warranty and I am correct as to the cause, you'd be looking at a much more expensive cost than simply purchasing a new printer. The exact same printer can be found on several online stores for $65 - $135. However, if you do have to purchase a new printer, I would recommend looking into Epson's line of continuous ink tank system (aka continuing ink supply system) printers. These printers use large refillable ink tanks instead of traditional ink cartridges. Not only do these tanks last much, much longer, but they are also easy to refill and the cost savings are massive. So now, instead of the printer acting as a loss leader for the printer manufacturer, and allowing them to milk you for serious cash throughout its lifetime as you constantly replace your expensive ink cartridges, you can save much more money over time and not have to worry about your ink levels so often.

HP Officejet Pro 6830: http://bit.ly/2fBRcfD

Epson Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) Printer: http://bit.ly/2fC6pgN

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-