JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
trapperbob

Picasa photos

Some how I got 76 pictures on my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) I don't know how it happened, but i would like to delete them and it will not let me do it. How can I get rid of the photos and how can I keep my photos from going to Picasa ? What is Picasa anyway?

Edited by trapperbob

You have many questions here and I will try to answer some of them.

- You say you have 76 photos on your Android based Samsung Galaxy S5, which you don't know how they got there and can't delete.

It sounds like you inadvertently took a video of an event when you simply wanted a single photograph. That would explain both the number of 'pictures' and the difficulty in removing them.  Unless you set your phone up differently, Samsung and all Android phones default to saving all of your photos and videos to Google's cloud services. To delete the 'pictures', you will need to either edit down to the photo you want from the videos (probably on-line), or you will have to select all of the video to delete it, and it may be simpler to do it from a computer interfacing with Google's on-line (cloud) services.

The old name for both Google's off-line Windows based photo organizing software and the on-line service was Picasa. Google has since renamed their service to Google Photos if you have gotten your Android services updates.  To prevent your photos/videos from going to Google's services for backup, you may have to designate another backup method and find where in your Android menus the backup is designated, how or if you want your photos backed up, etc. To be more specific, someone else with a Galaxy S5 or at least who knows which version of Android you have would have to walk you through the menu entries.

Sign in to follow this  

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-