JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
shawpilot

Sign in page has unknown person first up.

when windows starts sign in page has Problem Child in place of my normal entry. This name does not show up in user accounts. I have traced it to a zip file that cannot be deleted. A few months ago I was able to unzip and deleat the filr, but a windows update brout it back and I could no longer get it unziped.  On startup, after about 2 min, my sign in ifo comes up. Any Ideas?

This may be malware, but it might just be part of Microsoft's Parental Controls system.  (see https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5187/inside-microsoft-family-and-windows-10-parental-controls )  They are adding requested functionality, but old methods of setting up parental controls for regular users on Xbox accounts, shared computers, and other places have to be done the Windows 10 way rather than your older methods.  If you have any local non-administrator accounts registered, those account restrictions will be loaded prior to ANYBODY being able to sign-on.

If it is not parental controls, you can usually use one of the repair boot disks (or connect your hard drive to another working computer as an external drive) to remove the .zip file.

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-