JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
JANDJTOGETHER__

Intel chip flaw

I read Kim's article check out intel chip flaw leaves tons of PC'S wide open and I was hoping that you could help me. I am a Kim's club member and I cannot figure out how to run the test to see if I have an intel AMT capable system. I went into all the links and I also downloaded the PDF and the zip file. The zip file has many folders in it and I did not want to run anything that could damage my computer. The solution is in the zip file I guess but could you steer me in the right direction as to what file I should open?  I am running windows 8.1 , 64 bit. They said dell will roll out a patch soon but my computer was reformatted with a windows 8.1 disc so I don't see how they could send me a patch. Please just tell me how to determine if I have this intel AMT capable system! This is a personal computer do I still need to worry?  Thanks

First of all, if your computer was a consumer grade manufactured computer from a major company, you don't have to worry unless you are someone who allows people you don't know to load software to take over your computer over a network.  This is more likely to affect business/enterprise computers.

Second, if your computer is behind a firewall which blocks ports 16992 and 16993 or a router which performs as a firewall (most do), you are already blocked from anyone not connected by wired or wireless connection to your router.  Look to your router/firewall settings.

Third, any patch would be made available as an update to your BIOS/EFI, which is loaded before Windows.  That is why the patch is not a Windows update, but a patch from Intel.

Sign in to follow this  

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-