JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
dayee65

Latest Win 10 Update (7 July 2017) "hangs"

Yesterday, MS downloaded an huge update to Win 10 to my computer.  When it was finished, I restarted my computer as instructed.  It went through the usual "updating" routine but when it got to the screen that said, "Working on Updates" it hung up at 87% and has remained there for about 14 hours.  Of course, the message also says, Don't turn off your PC.  This will take a while.  Your PC will restart several times."

Any suggestions as to what I can do, especially since it says "Don't turn off your PC"?

Thank you for any help.

Did you have any errors in the early screens?  The update tries to check if there are sufficient resources to finish.  If you interrupt the update, it will probably just start up again at the hanging point.  You do have all programs closed and had them closed before attempting the update?  if so, it may be your anti-virus or other startup program which is interfering with the update.  This was a several hour update on two separate computers for me, but went without a major problem.  Of course, I didn't try to use the computer regardless of the invitation on screen to 'just continue working'.

Sign in to follow this  

-advertisement-