JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
tnt92fox

W10 USB recovery drive

When I try to create a recovery drive, I get an error message that windows cannot create a recovery drive...some required files are missing. How to fix?

I created a recovery drive about 1-1/2 years ago, but now get the error message. I tried sfc/scannow but no issues were found.

I've encountered something similar and there is no easy way to fix it. Somehow Windows loses track of where it's install files are especially after installing a major update. You can dig around and try to figure out how to fix it but I couldn't get it to work. I had to use Windows Media Creator Tool and make a Windows 10 Install USB of the last major update of WIndows, which was the Creators Update, backup my data and reinstall. After that, I ran Windows update to get any current updates and then Created a recovery drive and it worked. It's a bit of a chore, but I at least have a more recent Windows recovery. There are also third party options back up your Windows installation but it probably will not fix your "Create a recovery drive" problem.

Sign in to follow this  

-advertisement-