JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
aakira

Zeus Virus Still Popping Up

I have McAfee Total Protection and I'm here to say it does not provide "total" protection.  On my Windows 7 laptop, using the Chrome browser, I am continually getting the Zeus virus pop up - telling me I must call Microsoft now to get the virus removed and I'd better not shut my system down/ power it off or all my data will be wiped out.  This happens at least once a week!

I've written to McAfee twice complaining about the lack of "total protection" - have yet to get a response.

I found one thread searching on the internet that tells you to go install about 4 different anti-malware, anti-virus, anti- this or that tools - oh and you have to pay for the full product and not the 30 day free trial else you won't get the desired results.

This is insane!

What can be done about this?  Does anyone out there have a solution that works and keeps this thing from recurring?

Thanks!

Andrea K.

McAfee is decent protection. If your computer becomes infected, perhaps due to a new variant or because you do not have an active Norton subscription, the threat itself is very difficult to detect. If you think your computer is infected with Zeus virus, then use the Norton custom removal tool to check your computer and remove Virus. There is also Norton Power Eraser, a free virus removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove malware and threats from your computer. THIS SHOULD HELP

-advertisement-