JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Sign in to follow this  
bearrfoot

Roku Express won't connect to Hulu...!

I posted this in "Audio and Music", but perhaps this is more appropriate...

After reading Kim's article on streaming services, I planned to use Hulu to stream  video to my 50" Panasonic TV which had an ethernet internet connection.  After opening the Hulu account and looking at the equipment requirements, I determined my TV was not compatible. I went to the Hulu site, where a guy on the other end of the chat line advised that a Roku Express would make my TV compatible with the latest Hulu services.  So I bought one, hooked it up to the TV.  It lit up my screen and immediately installed a firmware update from Roku, then allowed me to set up a connection to my Wifi network, and thus to my laptop.  So far, so good...

But nothing yet connected to Hulu, even though there was a HULU button on the Roku remote.  It did nothing.  So I went to Roku.com looking for help and began to open an account.  I went  as far as the page that asked me for a credit card number, then stopped because I don't want that scattered around anyplace I don't plan to spend any money.  At that point I thought the Roku account would go away, as I had not completed the process, and the Roku site did not even give an exit path... I HAD TO SHUT DOWN THE LAPTOP TO GET OFF THAT PAGE...!  However, when logged back in to Roku, still looking for technical info, I found my account had indeed been created.  But I didn't find any info as to how to get the Roku unit to connect with Hulu.

So, back to the Hulu chat line, and I learn that there is a "Hulu app" that should have come already installed in the Roku Express, and maybe it was missing, and I should be able to download and install it from Roku.

Does anyone here know how to do this...?  Do I actually have to give Roku my credit card number to do it (I would expect it should be free)...?

Thanks much for any help...!

Gerry

Sign in to follow this  

-advertisement-