JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
bearrfoot

New Virus? - RED SCREEN + audio instruction to call phone number?

Seems to be a form of RANSOMWARE.  I just got hit  by this for the 2nd and 3rd time.  A week ago was first time, and that seemed to be triggered by accidentally clicking on a button on my screen.  That might have been just coincidental. My computer is Win 10.  I was logged in to a Yahoo Finance site.

These last two times (only a few minutes apart) came up while computer just sitting there untouched (again logged in to Yahoo Finance).   After the first one I shut down the machine as usual from the windows symbol in lower left corner of screen.  Restarted it as usual, no problem.  A couple minutes later it popped up again. I shut it down same way, restarted again, and logged into this forum.  No red screen yet.

In my previous experience with other ransomware it always required a click on a rogue button.  Now this one seems it may be hiding in my machine and triggered by a clock or something..... or could it be coming from the Yahoo site...?

Could this be the Scepture or Meltdown I've heard about recently...?  I am unaware of what they actually do...

I ran a scan with Malwarebytes antivirus and it found nothing.

Any suggestions or comments much appreciated...!

Gerry

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-