JavaScript is currently disabled in your browser. In order to watch videos JavaScript needs to be enabled. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser.
Your browser is out of date and not supported. Click here to download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
shastastan

Duplicate Photo Finder

In a couple of newsletters, Kim has been commenting on a Duplicate Photo Finder App. I decided to give it a try. I clicked on the download link and MalwareBytes would not allow access saying that site was not safe. I did a Google search and went to the site and downloaded the program. I decided to try the trial version. It let me identify 10 pairs of duplicate files and then said that i needed to upgraged to the paid version before i could do anything else. Because I liked the GUI and that it is a program for all types of duplicate files, I decided to risk $29.95 ( as noted by Kim) and give it a try. When I went to the order page there were some extra boxes checked to other add-ons and programs. I unchecked those and noted that the cost was $39.95 and that is for 1 computer for 1 year. I decided to uninstall the program. Right before I clicked "Finish", a message came up saying that i could buy the program for $29.95 and also buy "File Schredder" for an additional $20. I unchecked all the extra boxes again. When I went to my email to get the access code. $49.95 had been charged to my account. I have written to the company asking for a $20 refund since I didn't want "File Schredder" and don't even know what it is. I don't appreciate these types of business practices which I think are deceitful. Kim, I strongly recommend that you do not suggest software from these types of companies.

Want to join the conversation? Become a Kim's Club member Sign in
-advertisement-